Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Boy Named Oleg




I met a boy who was brave without knowing it, who offered love without ever fully experiencing it for himself, and who gave without expectation of anything in return. And I wonder if he knows that I pray for him and think of him daily. I wonder if he hopes to one day have a family or if he found something in today to fill him with joy. I wonder who comforts Masha at night when she has siezures or who tells Natasha that no matter what anyone has done to her, she remains a precious and beautiful child of God. And then I wonder how I can discuss the latest book I’ve read, or what test best measures comprehension and does that even matter any more? Four years of schooling and thousands of dollars of debt tells me that it should. Five weeks and a broken heart tell me that it can’t. Take my hand, God, the path is unclear and I fear losing you in myself.


0 comments: