Monday, March 15, 2010

Russian Rockstars



People who learn Russian are rockstars. They are. I'm not putting myself in that rockstar category because truthfully, I'm not sure I can say I'm "learning" much Russian. I have, however, learned how to be an excellent head nodder, subject changer and nervous laugher. So these lessons aren't a total waste.

I attribute my lack of learning/rockstarness to two main things:
1. I'm convinced I have a brain tumor that severly hinders any attempts I make to remember things.
2. I don't honestly try THAT hard.

But both of those factors are beside the point and they make my complaining sound less legitimate. So let's just forget about them. Below you a basic outline of my lesson tonight. If it sounds like a lot of blah blah blahing, then I'd say my re-telling skills are pretty strong.

Galina: Seechac cases.
Me: Uh oh.
Galina: Nyet, "uh oh" Elizabet. Nyet. Cases etta normalna. Genetive etta nemnolga trudna. Nemnolga.
Me: Ha. (Maybe for you!)
Galina: Blah, blah, blah, nomative, genetive, dative, accusitive, instrumental, prepositional, blah blah blah. Vaprosi, Elizabet?
Me: Uh. Well. Uh...nyet?
Galina: Blah, blah nyet mix. Nyet mix. Nyet. Panymiesh?
Me: Uh. Well. Uh...Da?
Galina: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....
(and so it continued for an hour and fifty minutes)


Mondays officially make me feel stupid.

2 comments:

Sweetie Pie said...

Make sure you block Galina from your blog--so disheartening for a teacher to read. ;)

Jamie said...

OMG!!!! This made me laugh. I anxiously await these stories in person