Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Night on Nevskiy




Sometimes I forget why I'm here. Sometimes I forget how incredibly blessed I am to have this opportunity to experience so much! How careless it is of me to waste my time longing to be somewhere else or in different company.

So tonight I bundled up and headed to Nevskiy to walk the the streets. (Does that sound wrong?) I spent about an hour wondering around a huge bookstore in the center. I bought myself a new journal and on an impulse bought "The Catcher In The Rye"

When I was finished on Nevskiy I went to this little cafe where I ate a salad, wrote in my new journal, and just sat and people watched. It was perfect. I ususally prefer to share experiences like these with other people, but tonight, I wouldn't have changed a thing. It was a beautifully refreshing evening and now I feel even more motivated to not waste a single day that I have left here. In spite of my complaining and bad attitude at times, I truly do love my little Russian life.

1 comments:

kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.