Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nesquik and Blood



I'm considering starting to chew Nesquik powder. It's that good.

In other news, I walked by some puddles near the metro the other day that looked like they were filled with blood. Since being here, I've heard people (specifically Americans) use the phrase T.I.R. which affectionately means...This Is Russia. I've heard it used when things don't make sense, seem ridiculous, or you can't believe what you've just witnessed. Anyway, I asked my roommates if they had noticed the puddles and they both had. One agreed with me and thought it was blood, the other thought it was Koolaid. I found that an interesting observation as I've never seen Koolaid anywhere in Russia. But maybe I'll go with the Koolaid theory...it might help me sleep a little better. However, whether I'm walking over puddles of blood or Koolaid, I can't help but think T.I.R.

Welcome to my life. :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally know those moments! We typically just say, "Oh Ukraine..." but it pretty much is the same thing.

Elizabeth Joy said...

Totally the same. I guess it keeps life interesting ;-)

Ann said...

I wont lie - when I read "Nesquik" my first thought was that it was a kind of tobacco or something. I was REAL confused and then I realized I was an idiot and you were talking about the chocolate powder stuff...