Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So here is my attempt to continue blogging on a more regular basis...not because I think anyone really reads this but because it is so important for me to think and process the events of this life (and though I journal, I can certainly type faster than I can write!)

I am struggling to decide what to do with this life. I've just finished reading a book titled "The Irresistible Revolution: living as an ordinary radical" and it has challenged me to examine what it means to be a christian. By the standards of American Christianity, I think I do okay. However, I am not convinced God's view of Christianity is in line with America's view. That's big. Bigger than I want to talk about at the moment... but it's safe to say it has caused a lot of questions, discomfort, and restlessness lately.

In other news, I'm sitting at Forza, pretending to involved in this blog writing as a cover so I can engage in one of my all time favorite activities: people watching. Currently there is a little girl at the counter wearing jeans and giant black socks pulled over her jeans and up to her thighs. I understand parents letting their children dress themselves and I fully support the independence it gives them. However, I could put money on the fact that when this girl grows up and sees pictures she is going to wonder why her mother ever let her out of the house. My battery is about to die...so I will you with this deep, very important question. What will you allow your children to wear?

;-)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Their birthday suit... all the time... even when they start school.

kate said...

Parachute pants.

Elizabeth Joy said...

great. I'll make sure my kids don't play with your kids ;-)

Jamie said...

Remember that time you said you were going to be cool and put green food coloring in your children's bath water? Yea...I'll make sure my kid doesn't play with your kids.